Saraswathi Vidhyasal Elementary School was established in the year 1911, in Ull street, Virudhunagar with classes from first to third standard. Between 1937 and 1948, it offered education for both boys and girls. Due to the increase in number of student intake every year, a new branch was opened in L.P.Shanmugam Street. Later, a new school building was built in Malai Kovil Street and it was inaugurated by Dr. T. Muthusamy M.B.B.S. on 6th November , 1971. The building was expanded with 4 more classrooms in the first floor and it was inaugurated on 25th June, 1972 by Ramnad district educational officer Mr. Samuel Adik B.A.Lit.,
The School is located in the heart of town and surrounded by residential houses. The ground floor has 3 classrooms, a Head Mistress Room and a computer laboratory. The first floor has 4 classrooms and a separate dinning hall.
The school management Board Members, Head Mistress and teaching staff meet every year in April to discuss syllabus for the next academic year. During this meet, they also review the last year academic performance, challenges and identify development needs required for the upcoming year. After every term examination, teachers share marks with students and share their feedback and development needs with each individual students and encourage them to secure more marks.
Our computer lab is well equipped with 10 desktop computers. Teachers use computer as teaching aid by showing visuals from educational CD's.
Our Library has wide range of books like elementary School books , General knowledge and short stories etc. Students can take library books to their home and return after a period of time.
Parents Teachers Association
This association organises Parents - Teachers meet on a regular basis. In this meet, class teachers invite parents and review student academic performance and conduct with them. Also, they provide feedback on students development needs as well.